How A 1000 Calorie A Day Diet Looks
Are you curious to see exactly what a 1000 calorie a day diet would look like? Do you find yourself wondering if it could work for you, or whether it is just another fad?
To help you answer those questions, we will look at a 1000 calorie sample diet. Here it is, see for yourself: Here’s a sample 1000 calorie diet for you to have a look at. As you can see, there are not that much calories included in such a low calorie diet. So it might not be suited for you as an individual. For that reason should you be on the safe side and rather consult with a doctor before you begin any new diet.
##Sample 1000 calorie diet
* Breakfast: High fiber cereal with fat free milk
* Snack: Banana/other fruit of choice
* Lunch: Open chicken sandwich (one slice of bread) and a big side salad, with low fat dressing.
* Snack: Small tub of fat free yogurt
* Dinner: One grilled fillet of hake and mixed vegetables
* Snack: 1 small block of dark chocolate (at least 70% dark)
Another thing to remember when on a 1000 calorie a day diet, is to only do light exercises, in order not to exhaust yourself. Anything like walking, swimming, biking and light weight training is fine.
Other tips that I can give you to help cut back on calories are:
* * **Choose skim/fat free milk** — If you switch over from low fat milk to fat free milk, you can save about 3% of fat. It will also help you to cut back on the calorie contents.
* **Stick to low GI breads, pastas, and carbs** — Low GI foods takes longer to digest than other foods. It will also give you a sustained energy release so that you are fuller for longer and that you have all day energy. It will also help you to eat less, because you are so full.
* **Skip the cheese** — If you add cheeses to your meals, you are adding unnecessary calories and fat to your foods. Rather skip the cheese and have it only once in a while.
* **Prepare your foods the healthy way** — Unhealthy cooking methods can add a lot of calories to your meals. The best cooking methods to choose are grilling, steaming, poaching and baking.
* **Choose leaner meats** — Leaner meat choices will also be lower in fat and in calories. Try to stick to lean meats like lean red meat, chicken and fish.
* **Limit your take-aways** — If you want to cut back on your calories and lose weight, you must also cut back on your take-aways.
Hopefully this 1000 calorie sample has helped you to realize whether it is the right diet for you or not. I always encourage a healthy life style and that you always choose healthy diets over others.