Interstitial Cystitis Elimination Diet
Interstitial Cystitis Natural Remedies — Special diet should include in the daily intake for Interstitial Cystitis. The prescribed dietary should exclude meat, fish and poultry. They produce uric acid. Most cases of food poisoning and infections, which may lead to gastritis and colitis, are also caused by the flesh foods. In case of chronic cystitis, the patient should commence the treatment of strict adherence to the dietary program, designed to cleanse the blood and other tissues and at the same time provide a rich source of natural vitamins and minerals in balanced proportions. The patient may adopt the following restricted diet for seven to ten days.
Though there is no direct scientific evidence linking diet to IC, but researchers believe that certain foods, including alcohol, spices, chocolate, and caffeine based compound and beverages, may deteriorate to bladder irritation and inflammation. Foods containing acid, for example, carbonated beverages, tomatoes, vitamin C, citrus fruits and beverages, vinegar, cranberries, strawberries, grapes, guava, mango, and pineapple also are believed to aggravate IC. Foods which may increase symptoms because they contain the natural chemical tyramine include wine, beer, cheese, nuts, yogurt, bananas, soy sauce, chicken livers, raisins, sour cream, avocados, canned figs, corned beef, beans, brewers’ yeast, and chocolate. Beside that allergic food should avoid because they may aggravate the disease condition sometime. However some patients with IC also have noticed a worsening of symptoms after taking products containing artificial sweeteners. It is also advised for betterment of patients may try eliminating such products from their daily diet and, if there is a reduction of symptoms, they can reintroduce them one at a time to determine which product seems to be aggravating their symptoms.
At early morning: A glass of unsweetened apple juice or carrot juice.
At breakfast : Fresh fruits, selected mainly from apple, pear, grapes, melon, peach and pineapple and a glass of buttermilk, sweetened with a little honey.
At noon: Tender coconut water.
At lunch : A salad of raw vegetables such as carrot, beetroot and cabbage, mixed with curd and a tablespoon of honey. This may be followed by a ripe apple.
At afternoon : One cup of unsweetened grape juice.
At dinner : A salad of green leafy vegetables and a fresh fruit, preferably a portion of melon sweetened with a teaspoon of honey.
Before sleeping : One glass of mixed raw carrot and beetroot juice.
After the restricted diet, the patient should gradually embark on a well-balanced diet, consisting of seed, nuts and grains, vegetables and fruits. Even after the recovery from the chronic condition, it will be advisable for the individual to live exclusively on vegetables or on tender coconut water or raw vegetable juices for a day or two, every month. The water treatment and other health building methods should, however, be continued to the greatest extent possible, so that the patient may stay cured.
Need to follow a nutritious diet which can include the foods are given below:
- By eating more fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean poultry, and plenty of cold water omega-3 containing fish .
- Plenty of water – although this will increase the need to urinate, it also dilutes the urine, making it less caustic to the bladder lining and help to reduce body waste and kidney filtration.
- Add with Anti-inflammatory Omega-3 Fatty Acids – E.g. Krill oil and Evening Primrose or Borage oil.
- Need to avoid such as aspartame, sucralose, chemical food additives pesticides/herbicides. Organic food can be much better option.
- Identifying and eliminating foods that are causing inflammation gives your body chance to rest and heal. Examples of these foods are red meat (in excess), processed foods (including refined white sugar and flour), and any food to which you may be allergic (e.g. wheat, nuts or chocolate).